Monday, May 23, 2005

T-Tape Installed

It's been a while since I've updated, but I've been really busy with non-restoration matters this week. I measured everything last night, but didn't see any significant change. That's not surprising, for two reasons:

1) Cross tape no longer provides much tension at all.
2) I've only been taped about half as much this week as I should have been.

I intended to move to t-tapes last weekend, but couldn't find any 2" tape. Neither Wal-Mart nor Rite-Aid had any, and I didn't have time to look around. I found some on Saturday, though, at Walgreen's - so I bought out their entire stock (don't look at me crazy - it was only three rolls). Anyway, I was still on cross tape this week because I didn't have the right kind of tape to move on to t-tape.

And I was only taped half the time because I was outdoors and/or in bed most of Wednesday and didn't want to have to fool with the tape. Also, I untaped completely on Saturday because I had a spot that was bleeding from too much tape removal.

I did, finally, get some T-Tape prepared last night. I didn't have much luck with it last night, though. I only wore it for about five hours, and it came untaped twice (fortunately the second time was right before bed anyway). It's stayed pretty well this morning, though. So far, anyway. I don't have to take it off to pee, although the way I did it this morning is kind of a pain. I can't really retract it very well because it sticks to itself. I'm going to try and apply it better tomorrow. I think it's staying on better because of less tension, but it's hard to be sure. It's not the most comfortable setup in the world, but it seems to be putting more stretch on the skin than cross tape, so I'll deal with it. And I work a desk job, so weights are pretty much straight out.

Hopefully, I'll see some better results this week, or if not then next week.